Multi-association management company based in Lansing, Michigan is seeking an outgoing, creative and motivated individual to serve as Member Relations. This position is a great fit for someone who can wear many hats, creative, detail-oriented and not afraid of a lot of challenging and fun work. It involves writing and editing, meeting planning, along with membership promotion and database management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Member Relations
- Act as liaison with clients to identify needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Function as an extension of the Executive Director by anticipating needs and proactively addressing issues with limited direction.
- Provide support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and/or committees for the day¬-to-day activities necessary to operate the association(s).
- Various administrative duties (telephones and correspondence).
- Execute communications to the general membership for a variety of associations, including such items as newsletters, general mailings, ballots, and surveys.
- Plan, organize, and direct membership promotion and retention programs to achieve membership goals.
- Maintain and update member databases.
- Create and maintain monthly membership reports for the associations.
- Record and prepare board and committee minutes.
- Execute all logistics needed to produce successful conferences and meetings, including registration, speaker coordination, A/V needs, event marketing, and coordination of exhibitors and sponsors.
- Coordinate and organize board meetings and events from start to finish (e.g. distribute materials, ensure communication of information to attendees, follow-up on outstanding items, organize catering, oversee mailings, prepare and organize materials, etc.).
- Administrative responsibility for keeping content current on websites and social media accounts.
- Attend committee meetings, as appropriate, per direction from Executive Director.
- Consistently produce deliverables on or ahead of schedule in deadline-oriented environment
- Some limited travel, including overnight stays, may be required.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills with high standards for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- Capable of critical thinking.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, advanced knowledge of database management, and online tools including website social media management.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Previous experience with associations and/or meeting planning.
- A minimum of five years of experience providing support to executive leadership.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on experience and talent. Paid vacation, holiday leave, and a retirement plan are included. Ngage Management offers a passionate, friendly, service-oriented and fun team environment.
Additional work hours are expected to complete projects/requests in a timely manner and may require overtime, for example during annual meeting season (September through November).
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations by 5:00 p.m., March 31, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please indicate why you believe you would be a good fit for Ngage Management in this role. Target start date is May 1, 2017.
About Ngage Management
Ngage Management is a full-service multi-client association management company. We work in partnership with Boards of Directors to provide high energy leadership, operational and event management. Our clients are primarily small to mid-size state and national associations, non-profits and professional societies. Best of all, we are passionate about the power of association. For more information on Ngage Management visit www.ngagellc.com